Thursday, December 13, 2007

Muddy Mountain Gate


Muddy Mountain Gate
Watercolor on cold press moleskine watercolor paper
3 1/2 in. x 5 1/2 in., archivally matted & backed to 8 x 10
$75
to purchase this painting, email me

I have a feeling that these studies are going to take on a life of their own. Although each is prodding along my landscape ideas, building upon the previous, I am beginning to appreciate them as little paintings in their own right. Which, of course, they are. With that in mind, I am wondering if they have to be related directly to the paintings I post each day on Landscape into Art. Probably not!

2 comments:

laura said...

I love this study, Suzanne: the color choices--a yellow sky!--and the wonderful way the paint moves, especially in the foreground. The study from yesterday is delightful too, the pattern of the trees dancing across the horizon. May I ask, do you do these studies from life, memory, or photos?

Suzanne said...

All of these studies are straight out of my head which is not the exact description. If you go back to the first post Approaching Red, I think I describe the process there. I think what we're looking at here are landscape images from the collective unconscious. I'll have to write more about that in a subsequent post.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails