Friday, December 14, 2007

Slender Grove


Slender Grove
Watercolor on cold press moleskine watercolor paper
3 1/2 in. x 5 1/2 in., archivally matted & backed to 8 x 10
$75
to purchase this painting, email me

I've probably written this before and am sure that I'll write it again but... I love to come back to the image after I've finished painting and given the thing time to dry. I find the most unexpected things. For example, I can see a pair of rather demure legs hiding out in the grove above. One day, I would like to be able to work on a grand scale with watercolor as well as I work on the small scale.

Please come over to My Great Day blog and read my posting on First Stroke and then the postings there over the next few days. They're very relevant to my paintings and studies.

And click here to see today's painting Cold Water on Landscape into Art.

1 comment:

C. Ousley said...

Thanks for the visit to my blog. I like doing little landscape studies from my imagination as well. You do enough from life or photos you remember a lot. Or just observe and paint "in you head" you can paint if for real later.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails