Saturday, January 12, 2008

Analysis



Another little habit of mine is to leaf through painted images I'm fond of and do a little pen and ink to get the feel of the composition into my fingers. This Caspar David Friedrich Monk by the Sea, for example in which I just looks at the fields of space - no value.



I don't try very hard to get the quick sketch exactly right because once I do it and look back at the original, I can see the composition of the original better.

Thank you for visiting Suzanne McDermott's painting a day landscape art.

2 comments:

womann in glass said...

it is always so good to see work of other artists. Do you know the mystick landscapes of Turner.

Suzanne said...

You know, Trijnie, I can always recognize a Turner amd have seen many but I can't say that I am really that familiar with Turner. I have to read up on him more.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails