Saturday, January 26, 2008

Sail



This was a very quick demo to prove some sort of point in class early last year. It's smudged and the page is a bit too large for my scanner bed so looks discolored but I love the movement. I rarely have the patience to make a careful pencil drawing anymore. I seem to attack the page rather than carefully work at it. Part of it may be that I am anxious to get to painting or maybe it's too much coffee. But seriously, although I am wowed be great technique (as much for the patience it takes as anything), I find that evidence of an artist's nervous system is far more interesting than astounding representation. That being said, sometimes you can clearly see both simultaneously!

1 comment:

Werner said...

I like it. It shows a good balance between a loose style and the necessary precision in a few details. More!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails