Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mount Vesuvius



After Degas
View of Mount Vesuvius, c. 1856


It's probably because I've started teaching drawing again but after the self portrait, I suddenly had to draw. Not particularly interested in drawing any thing in the studio but I had a book of Degas Landscapes open on the drawing table. I started on page one, stopped at every image that intrigued me and seemed suitable for what I'm looking for and drew it.

What am I looking for? Appealing and archetypal form in landscape composition.

1 comment:

laura said...

Beautiful, very sensitive. Thanks for saying what you're looking for ... I often wondered where you gathered the subjects for your landscapes, which are real without being specific; they're a synthesis of forms.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails