Monday, March 24, 2008

after Maurin



after Charles Maurin
Landscape c. 1893
vaporiser watercolour
The Jane Voorhees Zimmerli Art Museum,
Rutgers University New Jersey


After a bit of a hiatus, I'm back with the posts here. I began to develop some work from these drawings and decided to wait to show the original ideas until I was ready to show the developed work.

There's not much information to be found on Charles Maurin but he developed, along with his friend Toulouse-Lautrec, an early version of the airbrush that he used to make his vaporiser watercolors.

I've never seen one of these myself, and though I made this drawing from a black and white, two by three inch plate of one, it was really too small to tell much aside from the general forms.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails