Friday, July 11, 2008

Gropius House



I took a long awaited swim across Walden Pond just before a second round of severe thunderstorms. I made it back to my car before the torrential rains but had to pull off the road nearby because the roads were flooding. Fortunately, I was at the Walter Gropius house driveway and pulled in to make a sketch from the car. I had to keep the engine on and the windshield wipers going at full tilt. Unfortunately, someone had to pass up the driveway so I had to pull up to the house mid-sketch. I thought I was pulling it off until I really looked at what I was doing and saw that I'd collapsed the house in such a way that it seems to be missing a good length through the middle. Oh, well. I enjoyed the process!

1 comment:

Mineke Reinders said...

Hi Suzanne, we wouldn't know about the missing part, this looks good to me! And that in torrential rain, really, it's wonderful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails