Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Looking Southwest



After drawing class at Cheekwood this morning, I was so hooked into drawing that I continued to do so, on and off, for the rest of the afternoon. When I manage to get the right sketch books to the scanner, I'll show you one or two. For now, here's the last I made in my back yard, as the sun was setting. If you've been following my blogs, you'll recognize this scene. It's a section of my favorite view from my favorite spot at the back of my studio. See more drawings of my back yard.

The bugs were biting and an opossum wandered out of the pokeweed, which was odd because it was still quite bright and the sun was still shining. I looked in on her and though I couldn't see her perfectly, it seemed like she might have some babies in her pouch.

I have a great group of drawing students at Cheekwood this session. I forced them to use pens on our first foray into landscape at the Japanese Garden. A challenge, but they were good sports about it. You can see some drawings I made in the Japanese Garden from last year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails