Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Flora and Fauna



New York City Public Library Lion
from one of two bookend that guard my front studio door

I tend to start working in one sketch book and then put it aside to be discovered at a later date, half filled, begging to be worked in again. So it happened recently that I came across a big red sketchbook in just such condition and proceeded to work up a dozen or more landscape sketches.




Going through the earlier pages, I was reminded of my development since moving into my studio almost two and a half years ago. I've done a lot of work since then. As I pause to regroup for what may turn out to be a new phase, I thought that I'd share these sketches from August 2006 through the present, mostly from my big red sketchbook.

When I moved into the studio, it had been over a year since I'd painted. Between the move to a new house in a new state and designing and building the studio, there was simply no time and no space. So, in August 2006 when I finally sat down to the drafting table in my brand new studio, I picked up where I'd left off... with flowers.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails