Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Late Flowers



This was definitely not my final flower sketch but I'll let it represent the end of my concentration on flowers. After a few years, I felt as though I'd exhausted the subject and could no longer find satisfaction in the subject.

That's when I started work on Landscape into Art. I've posted these last flowers works over the past week because, in reviewing them, I was wondering if I'd exhausted my concentration on landscapes. This is probably something I'll wonder about from time to time. But the answer is, no. I just needed a pause for reflection and time to let changes, if any, click into gear.

Over the next couple of weeks, I'll post quick idea sketches for landscapes. Not much to say about them so I might just post the images without text. We'll see how chatty I feel....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails