Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sunflowers



In late summer, sometimes all I want to draw and paint are sunflowers. The personality of each flower is so strong, I feel sometimes as though I'm making group portraits.



Sunflowers in vase
Watercolor, 10 x 7"


As long as I'm on the subject, I'll go crazy and post the other sunflower pieces I made at that time.



I do love the painting that developed from this...



Sunflower Spread
Watercolor 9 x 12"


And a water soluble pencil sketch



that became



Sunflowers in pitcher
Watercolor, 12 x 9"

7 comments:

Sharon said...

A beautiful splash of summer color for visitors to your blog. They yellow/blue combination is beautiful.

Peggy Montano & Paintings said...

Thanks for these beautiful flower paintings. It's raining the proberbial cats and dogs here in no. Ala. and this was a site to see.

Peggy Montano & Paintings said...

whups, I mean "proverbial" not proberbial.

Cloudia said...

Truly Lovely! aloha-

Suzanne McDermott said...

Hi Sharon... It is nice to see vibrant color this time of year!

Suzanne McDermott said...

Peggy! I knew exactly what you meant. The same cats and dogs have been here all day and more are on the way.

Suzanne McDermott said...

Aloha, Cloudia! Mahalo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails