Friday, January 22, 2010

After Cataloging



What I thought would take one, maybe two days took me a full week — Properly identifying, matting, backing, archiving and cataloging all of my paintings that had not been so handled from the past several years. I was up most nights in the studio till after 10 and finished up around 11 last night. Fortunately, I continued until I'd mostly cleaned up after myself.

Probably because of the coffee I drank after dinner last night and partially because of a situation, not in my control, that I am allowing to worry me to death, I didn't get more than a few hours of sleep.

Still, I managed to make a quick sketch of the aftermath this morning and some of the boxes of finished work all ready for collector and gallery review. Now to clean up and prepare the studio for a new batch of students coming in first thing tomorrow.

2 comments:

RHCarpenter said...

Worry saps your energy and creativity, Suzanne! I am going through some of the same right now so I hope you (and I) can find a positive solution soon. Take care!

Suzanne McDermott said...

Oh, yeah. If it lasts more than 24 hours, I tackle the issue as best I can then turn it over to the universe and let it go. Thomas Merton said something about worry (anxiety) indicating a disconnection from god. Hope you can let yours go with grace and ease.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails