Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Gardenias South Window



Now that I am out of the bright direct sunlight, I see that I could have done a bit more with this but that's not the point. The point is simply to draw something from life every day and to let it go. It is so frigid here (still in the teens) that I could barely hold the pen properly to draw a straight line. When the temperature drops below a certain degree (not exactly sure which degree) I become all thumbs.

Although I desperately need to move on to other work, I went back in quickly with a brush and discovered that this violet ink lightens up considerably with water.





















2 comments:

Megha Chhatbar said...

You are an amazing artist. I saw your blog and found it interesting. You are just so creative!

Color Pencil Drawing: Radhe Krishna

RHCarpenter said...

I like the added bit that was created with just water :) Nice little extra pop in the drawing. Sorry about the cold - I'm afraid we're in for it this month!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails